WHITE CHOCOLATE ALMOND PROTEIN BARS
1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp chopped almonds (or chopped mixed nuts)
3 tbsp ground almonds
1/2 tsp vanilla pods or essence (optional, but lovely!)
1/2 bar sugar-free white chocolate (or dark chocolate)
1 square dark chocolate (optional)
1 tsp extra nuts (optional)
– In a bowl, mix together all of your filling ingredients. Mix until you get a dough that’s the right consistency—you should be able to mold it with your hands. If your mixture is too wet to allow you to mold it, add a bit more ground almonds until it becomes more solid.
– Shape four small bars (or rectangles) out of your mix. Place them on a tray lined with baking paper.
– Melt the white chocolate in a bain marie (a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water). If your chocolate is sticking too much and isn’t melting properly, add a tiny bit of coconut oil to help it along.
– Once your chocolate has melted, pour some of it on top of the bars. Then turn them around and pour more of the chocolate on the other side.
– To decorate the bars, you can add a few layers of melted dark chocolate and more chopped nuts. Use your imagination. You can make some zebra-striped bars like I did, or let your imagination run wild.
Serving Size (1 bar) Recipe yields 4
Amount per serving
Total Fat 10 g
Total Carbs 10 g (3 g fiber)