Chocolate Mint & avocado fudgegedai
Chocolate Mint & Avocado Fudge Recipe
- Total time: 15m
- Yield: 16 servings
- Calories: 160 cal
- 2 large Avocados
- 1 can Coconut Cream*
- 5 heaped tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 5 heaped tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1-2 tsp Peppermint extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp chopped Pecans
This chocolate avocado fudge is free of dairy and full of heart healthy fats from avocados and coconut. Suitable for vegan, plant-based, oil free, paleo and general healthy diets:
- Using a chilled can of coconut milk cream off the solid coconut cream.
- Warm your coconut cream so it is liquid and runny.
- Place everything in the food processor apart from the pecans.
- Blend for 2-3 mins until it is all combined.
- Pour into a dish lined with greaseproof paper and sprinkle with the pecan nuts.
- Chill in the fridge overnight or 3-5 hours in the freezer then cut up.
- Store in the fridge and enjoy within 3 days.
This is suitable for people that have tree nut allergies if you omit the chopped pecans. To make this caffeine and cocoa free then substitute the cocoa with carob powder. I used peppermint extract but peppermint oil designed for culinary purposes works well instead. I would recommend using 2 tsp of peppermint extract and 1 tsp of peppermint oil, but do adjust for your tastes.
After blending it’s a good idea to check the taste of the fudge – you might want to add some more coconut sugar/peppermint/cacao for your taste. If you don’t have coconut sugar then dried fruit such as dates will work quite well but may need a bit more blending.